Regular annual pet health and wellness exams are the key to keeping your pet healthy and greeting you at the door for years to come. Wellness examinations help us develop a complete picture of your pet’s overall health and are useful for detecting potential problems before they become more difficult to treat.
As part of a yearly examination, the doctor will evaluate the following on your pet:
- Heart and lungs
- Test the vision and and ocular (eye) changes
- Examine the teeth and oral cavity
- Look for unusual lumps or swelling
- Test the joints and muscles for arthritis and evidence of unseen pain
- Inspect the skin and hair coat including ear canals
- Check the lymph nodes for enlargement or irregularities
- Assess body mass index for weight concerns
- During the exam, we discuss your pet’s vaccination needs and ask questions about your pet’s behavior, eating habits, and other concerns or issues
- We also discuss preventative care including wellness lab work, heartworm prevention, flea prevention, and more!